Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Vallejo Police Department – 111 Amador Street, Vallejo California


  • Lobby Hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

  • Lobby/Records Phone Number: 707-648-4491

  • Dispatch Non – Emergency Line:707- 552-3285

Traffic Related Questions

How can I find out if my vehicle has been towed?

  • Please call the records division at 707-648-4491 and provide a license or vin number.

How can I get my car out of impound?

  • Vehicle release hours are between 9: 00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. daily. If the lobby is closed, pick up the gray courtesy phone.

Documents required:

Please note only the registered owner may obtain a vehicle release. You must have your registration and a valid driver’s license. In the event you do not have a valid driver’s license you may bring a friend/relative with a valid driver’s license to sign with you as the driver.

Recovered Vehicles

  • For recovered vehicles, no release is necessary; please go directly to the tow yard.

Towed Vehicles

  • Towed vehicles will only be released to the registered owner. You must have a police release for the Tow yard. The registered owner must provide a valid driver’s license and pay a tow fee of $225.00. (cash or credit cards accepted)


A Veto tow requires a 30 day hold on a vehicle. Veto tows can occur under numerous circumstances such as driving without a license, driving with a suspended license or reckless driving. A Veto tow requires a hearing with the hearing officer.

  • For 30 day “VETO” hold, the registered owner must go through a phone hearing with the hearing Officer at  707-648-4534 prior to release.

For additional questions on vehicle releases, please call the Records Division at 707-648-4491.

How can I make a Traffic Collision report?

  • To file a traffic collision, the reporting party must come in person and fill out a written report at the front desk.

 Lobby Hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

How can I obtain a traffic collision report?

You will need to click “Online Services” and “Request Copy of a Police Report” this report will be provided for free. If you are unable to use the online services, you may request a report in person at 111 Amador St. There is a $21.00 fee per report for in-person services.

How can I report an abandoned vehicle?

All reported vehicles will be addressed in the order they are reported. Reporting a vehicle more than once will not expedite the process.

What can be done about illegally parked vehicles, such as those blocking a driveway?

  • To report an illegally parked vehicle please call our non-emergency line at 707-552-3285.

An illegally parked vehicle is one that blocks an exit or entry way to a driver or driveway. Any vehicle that impedes a driver from exiting or entering.


Obtaining Police Information

       How can I get a copy of a police report?

  • To obtain a Police report please visit www.vallejopd.net .


    Please click “Online Services” and “Request Copy of a Police Report” this report will be provided for free. If you are unable to use the online services, you may request a report in person at 111 Amador St. There is a $21.00 fee per report for in-person services.



    Incident reports (no case number drawn):

  • All incident reports where an officer responded but no report was taken must be requested at https://vallejo.nextrequest.com



    How can I get a copy of my criminal record or a clearance letter?

  • To obtain criminal records check or clearance letter you must fill out a “Records Check Form” in person. You will be notified once your “Records Check” has been completed and is ready for pick up. ONLY the requestor with a valid photo ID may pick up the background check. There is $32.00 fee per record check.


*Note: this is only a local record check for the City of Vallejo, not nationwide.

General Questions

Filing online reports:

  • Vallejo PD Records cannot take online reports for stolen vehicles, stolen firearms, stolen license plates, any form of physical assault, robbery, or threats of violence.

                  These must be reported to an officer at 707-552-3285.


For online filing please follow link www.vallejopd.net click “Get Services” – “File a Police Report.”   


Crimes that may be reported:

Burglary, Burglary (Vehicle), Custody Order Violations, Forgery, Harassing Phone Call, Identity Theft, Lost Property, Non-Injury Hit and Run, Supplemental Report, Theft, Theft from Vehicle, Vandalism, Vehicle Accident and Vehicle Tampering.


Restraining Orders

  • To request a restraining order, a citizen must submit a request at the Solano County Superior Courthouse at 600 Union Ave in Fairfield, California.


    Please visit Solano County Superior Court for additional information.



    Does the Vallejo Police Department provide livescan services?

  • The Vallejo Police Department does not provide live scanning services.If you are required to complete a Live Scan, your perspective employer should be providing you with services that offer Live Scan for the public.

    Please visit the State of California Department of Justice for a listing of live scan service locations.



    Vallejo Police Department Fee Schedule.

    Services Provided

    Fees Description

    Current Fee

    Police Reports - All






    Background Checks






    Vehicle Release - Regular Impound






    Vehicle Release - V.E.T.O. Impound






    Vehicle Release - Repossessed






    Dance Review






    ABC Review






    Sound Review

    No Fee





    Taxi - Initial Driver Permit






    Taxi - Driver Permit Annual Renewal






    Taxi - Driver Permit Replacement/Trans






    Taxi - Initial Annual Taxi Inspection (med +1 re-inspection)






    Taxi - Replace Medallion






    False Alarm - Alarm Company in Substantial Non-Compliance

    Per Day





    False Alarm - Holdup Alarm





    Jail and Custody Related Questions


  • See Solano County Website link:https://www.solanocounty.com/depts/sheriff/pubinfo/jail_booking


Code Enforcement – Planning & Development Services Department


Each year, the Code Enforcement Division responds to thousands of complaints pertaining to property maintenance and other related violations.  In most cases, investigations of code violations happen due to proactive code enforcement inspections or citizen complaints. 

The types of violations that are typically inspected and reported include:

  • Junk, trash & debris on private properties
  • Deteriorated exteriors such as roofs, fences, and sidings
  • Unsecured and abandoned swimming pools
  • Vehicles parked on lawns and unpaved surfaces; inoperable/unregistered vehicles parked on private property.
  • Trash bins blocking the sidewalk, strewn in the yard, placed on the sidewalk/street or driveway, too early or left out after 8:00 p.m. on service day.
  • Graffiti on private properties
  • Weeds & overgrown vegetation on developed properties
  • Vacant buildings
  • Abandoned shopping carts.
  • Inhabited trailers on private properties (or trailers hooked up to a private property)
  • Illegal vehicle repair businesses


Complaints which are not directly related to the ordinances that we Code enforces, can be reported to other City departments and county or state agencies.

Vallejo Police Department: Traffic Division – 707.648.4329 or SeeClickFix

· Abandoned/unregistered/inoperable vehicles on public rights-of-way (includes streets and public properties)

Vallejo Fire Department: Fire Prevention Division - (707) 648-4021

· Weeds, overgrown vegetation, litter, or junk on private vacant lots

Building Division – 707.648.4374

· Construction without a permit

· Occupancy without water or utilities

Planning Division - 707.648.4326

· Illegal business signs & operations, illegal unit and garage conversions and other possible zoning violations

Public Works Department: Maintenance Division – 707.648.5235 or SeeClickFix

· Trash found on streets/alleys/sidewalks/public property.

· Graffiti on public property

Solano County Environmental Health Division - 707.784.6765

· Mold in a rental or other violations inside of structures

· Illegal food selling

Solano County Animal Control Services – 707.784.4733

· Any and all animal related complaints (noise, injured or stray animals)

For any Code Enforcement related inquiries please see information below.


Dong Yoo
Code Enforcement Manager

555 Santa Clara Street
Vallejo, CA 94590
Phone (707) 648-4389
Monday - Thursday
9am-12pm, 1pm-3pm



Unhoused Related Matters

Quality of life issues and nuisances related to the unhoused population are being handled through the City Managers Office. Please use the link below for contact information.



Crime Prevention Tips

Scams & Safety: https://www.fbi.gov/how-we-can-help-you/safety-resources/scams-and-safety

Senior Safety Tips: https://www.fbi.gov/how-we-can-help-you/safety-resources/scams-and-safety/common-scams-and-crimes/elder-fraud

Common Elder Fraud Schemes

Romance scam: Criminals pose as interested romantic partners on social media or dating websites to capitalize on their elderly victims’ desire to find companions.

Tech support scam: Criminals pose as technology support representatives and offer to fix non-existent computer issues. The scammers gain remote access to victims’ devices and sensitive information.

Grandparent scam: A type of confidence scam where criminals pose as a relative—usually a child or grandchild—claiming to be in immediate financial need.

Government impersonation scam: Criminals pose as government employees and threaten to arrest or prosecute victims unless they agree to provide funds or other payments.

Sweepstakes/charity/lottery scam: Criminals claim to work for legitimate charitable organizations to gain victims’ trust. Or they claim their targets have won a foreign lottery or sweepstake, which they can collect for a “fee.”

Home repair scam: Criminals appear in person and charge homeowners in advance for home improvement services that they never provide.

TV/radio scam: Criminals target potential victims using illegitimate advertisements about legitimate services, such as reverse mortgages or credit repair.

Family/caregiver scam: Relatives or acquaintances of the elderly victims take advantage of them or otherwise get their money.


Protect Yourself

Recognize scam attempts and end all communication with the perpetrator.

Search online for the contact information (name, email, phone number, addresses) and the proposed offer. Other people have likely posted information online about individuals and businesses trying to run scams.

Resist the pressure to act quickly. Scammers create a sense of urgency to produce fear and lure victims into immediate action. Call the police immediately if you feel there is a danger to yourself or a loved one.

Be cautious of unsolicited phone calls, mailings, and door-to-door services offers.

Never give or send any personally identifiable information, money, jewelry, gift cards, checks, or wire information to unverified people or businesses.

Make sure all computer anti-virus and security software and malware protections are up to date. Use reputable anti-virus software and firewalls.

Disconnect from the internet and shut down your device if you see a pop-up message or locked screen. Pop-ups are regularly used by perpetrators to spread malicious software. Enable pop-up blockers to avoid accidentally clicking on a pop-up.

Be careful what you download. Never open an email attachment from someone you don't know and be wary of email attachments forwarded to you.

Take precautions to protect your identity if a criminal gains access to your device or account. Immediately contact your financial institutions to place protections on your accounts and monitor your accounts and personal information for suspicious activity.

How to Report

If you believe you or someone you know may have been a victim of elder fraud, contact your local FBI field office or submit a tip online. You can also file a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at ic3.gov.

When reporting a scam—regardless of dollar amount—include as many of the following details as possible:

Names of the scammer and/or company

Dates of contact

Methods of communication

Phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, and websites used by the perpetrator.

Methods of payment

Where you sent funds, including wire transfers and prepaid cards (provide financial institution names, account names, and account numbers)

Descriptions of your interactions with the scammer and the instructions you were given.

Whenever possible, you should keep original documentation, emails, faxes, and logs of communications.


Traffic – Side Show Ordinance – Catalytic Converter Ordinance

Please see links below for city ordinances that address these issues.

Spectator Ordinance:






Calls For Service – Priority 1, 2 and 3

Priority one (1)

Is defined as an in-progress felony, in-progress crime against a person, or an incident where there is a high risk for harm against a person. 


Priority two (2)

Is defined as a felony or crime against a person that has just occurred, an in-progress misdemeanor property crime, various alarms, or an incomplete 9-1-1 call where a disturbance was heard. 


Priority three (3)

Is defined as a property crime or calls that are not an immediate threat to life but may escalate, officer-initiated activity.


To contact your service area Lieutenant please see below:

Relationship-Based Policing 

 File a complaint with Internal Affairs

To file a complaint, you may come in person or use the link provided. If in person, please visit our lobby during business hours and request a complaint form from the front desk Police Clerk. Once completed please submit it back to the Police clerk or you may mail the form to the address listed in the back.

Click here to file a Complaint


Share a Compliment

Did you have a positive experience with a VPD staff member or officer that you would like to share? Please give us the details below.